Vortex Language Centre offers consecutive interpretation services in over eight languages. Commonly used in one-on-one or small group settings, our consecutive interpreters maintain strict standards of professionalism and possess exceptional linguistic and interpersonal skills to help facilitate interactions between two (and sometimes more) languages.
Generally used for large conferences or meetings and/or environments where two or more languages are required, simultaneous interpretation is a much more complex and strenuous process than consecutive interpretation. Interpreters sit in an isolated booth, listen to the speaker through a headset, and speak the translation into a microphone, which is wirelessly transmitted to headsets worn by audience members. Sometimes referred to as U.N. style interpretation, this service requires trained interpreters and specialized equipment, all of which can be provided by Vortex Language Centre.
Vortex Language Centre’s Conference Services group provides everything you need to make your meetings successful, including:
- On-site interpretation services (simultaneous, consecutive, whispered, escort)
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation, both in person and via video conferencing
- Assistive listening for hearing-impaired audience members
- Document translation for meeting and conference materials
- On-site coordinators and meeting planners
- Registration website localization
- Audio and video transcription
- Interpretation equipment rental
Each meeting is assigned to a specialty event manager within Vortex Language Centre who acts as an extension of your event planning team. Our top priority is ensuring that your meetings run smoothly and accomplish their objectives. We are fast and reliable. For a conference services consultation, contact us HERE.